The Word revived by the Holy Spirit makes the sinner able to break away from sinful life and live according to God's will. This turning away is repentance.
The steps of this turning away are:
- due to an internal decision, repentance of all sin, and grief over those sins
- humbling yourself before God by admitting that you are a sinner
- accepting the atonement of Jesus Christ for you, personally and calling on His name
- confessing your sins honestly with a broken heart
- getting rid of your sinful deeds and lifestyle and devoting yourself to follow Jesus Christ.
The fruit of repentance is becoming righteous which means that Jesus Christ attributes His righteousness to the repented one. The repented person avoids the final condemnation, is free from sin and a guilty conscience and believes that he/she has received eternal life.
2013 Faith Church - All Rights Reserved
The information on this website is copyrighted and may not be used without the prior and written consent of Faith Church Hungary.